GeforceFX 5500 Chipset Features
CineFX Shading Architecture
• Support for DX 9.0 Pixel/Vertex Shader 2.0+.
• Very long pixel programs up to 1024 instructions.
• Very long vertex programs with up to 256 static instructions and up to 65536 instructions
executed before termination.
• Looping and subroutines with up to 256 loops per vertex program.
• Subroutines in shader programs.
• Dynamic flow control.
• Conditional write masking.
• Conditional execution.
• Procedural shading.
• Full instruction set for vertex and pixel programs.
• Z-correct bump-mapping.
• Hardware-accelerated shadow effects with shadow buffers.
• Two-sided stencil.
• Programmable matrix palette skinning.
• Keyframe animation.
• Custom lens effects: fish eye, wide angle, fresnel effects, water refraction.
High-Performance, High-Precision, 3D Rendering Engine
• 4 pixels per clock rendering engine.
• 128-bit, studio-quality floating point precision through the entire graphics pipeline.
• Native support for 128-bit floating point, 64-bit floating point and 32-bit integer rendering
• Up to 16 textures per pass.
• Support for sRGB texture format for gamma textures.
• DirectX and S3TC texture compression.
High-Performance 2D Rendering Engine
• Optimized for 32-, 24-, 16-, 15- and 8-bpp modes.
• True-color, 64x64 hardware cursor with alpha.
• Multi-buffering (double, triple or quad) for smooth animation and video playback.
• Blistering-fast antialiasing performance.
• Adaptive texture filtering.
• Advanced loss-less compression algorithms for both color and Z data.
• Fast Z-clear
Advanced Display Pipeline with Full nView Capabilities
• Dual, 400MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and including 2048x1536@85Hz.
• Integrated NTSC/PAL TV encoder support resolutions up to 1024x768 without the need for
panning with built-in Macrovisioncopy protection.
• NVIDIA NVRotate™ application for advanced viewing flexibility
• NVIDIA NVKeystone™ application for advanced display correction
Digital Vibrance control (DVC) 3.0
• DVC color controls.
• DVC image sharpening controls.
Operation Systems and API support
• Windows® XP / 2000
• Complete DirectX support, including DirectX 9.0 and lower.
• Full OpenGL 1.4 and lower
• NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
• Fully compliant professional OpenGL 1.4 API with NVIDIA extensions, on all Windows
• WHQL-certified for Windows® XP, Windows® 2000