High efficiency ring bus memory controller
- Programmable arbitration logic maximizes memory efficiency, software upgradeable.
- Fully associative texture, color, and Z cache design.
- New hierarchical Z & Stencil buffers with Early Z Test.
- New lossless Z-buffer compression for both Z and Stencil.
- Fast Z-Buffer Clear.
- Z cache optimized for real-time shadow rendering.
Integrated HD Audio Controller (Azelia) and Codec
- Integrated HD Audio codec supports linear PCM and DolbyR Digital (5.1) audio formats for
- HDMI output.
- Uses Microsoft UAA driver.
- Internally connected to the integrated HDMI interface, hence no external cable required.
- PCI device id : AA10h (Azalia), AA11h (Audio Codec).
- Support for basic audio (32, 44.1 or 48 kHz stereo) and DolbyR Digital or DTS at the same sample rates.
- Fully compliant with the DVI electrical specification.
- Fully integrated DVI/HDMI Interface
- Supports one single link DVI or one HDMI link (HDMI output on single-link TMDS1 only).
- Meets Vista logo requirements.
- 1650 Mbps/channel with 165 MHz pixel clock rate per link.
- Supports industry standard EIA-861B video modes including 480p, 720p and 1080i. For a full list of currently supported modes, contact your AMD CSS representative.
Avivo Display System -- Dual DACs & MPEG 1/2/4 decode and encode acceleration
- Dual-link support for display resolutions up to 3840x2400 per display output.
- Flexible support of the following configurations: CRT + DVI/HDMI, TV + DVI/HDMI, DVI/HDMI + DVI/HDMI.
- Maximum pixel frequency of 400 Mhz.
- HDCP support available on all DVI and HDMI links with integrated key storage for up to two simultaneous outputs including dual-link DVI. (Note: HDCP available only to HDCP licensed buyers).
- iDCT/DCT and color space conversion
- HW DXVA parser support for iDCT
- MPEG-4 Simple Profile support
- All-format DTV/HDTV decoding.
HDCP - High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
HDCP is a content protection specification to protect digital entertainment content across the DVI/HDMI interface. The HDCP provides a robust, cost-effective and transparent method for transmitting and receiving digital entertainment similar to DVI/HDMI-compliant digital displays. HDCP encrypts the data transmitted between the DVI/HDMI connector on the graphics adapter and the display. To provide this support, both the graphics adapter and the display need to have an HDCP transmitter and receiver respectively.