MSI Reminds you:Because of the limitations of chipset, this MB does not support Win98/ME.
Active Phase Switching, APS, technology is an intelligent design that helps to save energy on MSI’s motherboards. The underlying idea is to switch off the power supply as soon as no electricity is needed, and when the system needs more resources again, APS will automatically adjust electricity supply accordingly. APS will automatically detect your processor’s loading at any given time and save energy accordingly. This is only possible by means of a very advanced power controlling technology. Other than software-based solutions, APS technology stands out from MSI's own research. The specially developed IC chip can operate automatically depending on the demands of the power supply, which is to reduce the total power usage.
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving you time and lowers the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboard which need extra BIOS chips, MSI’s M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn’t need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
Capacitors are the most important component for electronic product’s power supply. The quality of the capacitors can impact the stability of the entire system and risk of product failure. Currently there are two types of capacitors, electrolytic capacitors and solid capacitors. Compared to electrolytic capacitors, solid capacitors have a longer lifespan, and provide a more stable power under high temperatures. More importantly, solid capacitors do not have any liquid materials inside, and thus will not suffer a leak which would infringe upon the product’s stability. With such benefits is it no wonder that solid capacitors are very important for product quality’s improvement,
AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ Technology reduces heat and noise so you can experience amazing performance without distraction. Combined with core enhancements, included in the AMD processors, that can improve overall power savings, deliver better multitasking and energy efficiency. Cool'n'Quiet technology can automatically adjust processor ratio to throttle CPU speed with four modes.
- Independent Dynamic Core Technology
- Dual Dynamic Power Management™
- AMD CoolCore™ Technology
- AMD Wideband Frequency Control
- Multi-Point Thermal Control
• Key components status hardware monitor.
• Monitor the CPU status.
• Optimize System status define.
• Auto speed up with system loading change.
• Support AMD® Phenom II / Althon II / Sempron processors in the AM3 package.Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
Hyper Transport Bus
• HyperTransport 1.0 Chipset
• NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 & nForce 630a chipset
Main Memory • DDR3 800/ 1066/ 1333 SDRAM - 2 DDR3 DI MMs (240pin/ 1.5V)- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• 1 PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot• 1 PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot• 2 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface
On-Board IDE • One IDE port by NVIDIA® GeForce7025- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133, PIO & Bus Master operation modeOn-Board SATA • Four SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce630a RAID Function - SATA1 ~4 support RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 10
Audio • Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC887- Supports 7.1 channels audio out-Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Supports 10/100 LAN by Realtek® RTL8105E
Internal I/O Connectors
- 2 USB 2.0 connectors- 1 SPDI F-Out connector- 1 Front Panel Audio connector- 1 CD-In connector- 1 TPM connector (optional)- 1 Chassis Intrusion Connector- 1 Overclock FSB Switch (optional)
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 PS/2 mouse port- 1 PS/2 keyboard port- 1 COM port- 1 VGA port- 1 parallel port supporting SPP/EPP/ECP mode- 1 LAN jack- 4 USB 2.0 Ports- 6 flexible audio jacks
• Micro-AT X (24.4cm X 20.0 cm)
• 6 mounting holes.