Event Duration and Enrolment.
From July 5th – August 31st, 2018 (UTC + 08:00), participants (“You, “Your”, as applicable) may enroll in the MSI Tokyo Game Show event (“Event”). To enter, You must complete the following steps:
- You must have purchased an Eligible Product (see below) between July 5th – August 31st, 2018 (UTC + 08:00).
- Log into Your MSI Member Center account webpage located at https://register.msi.com/home/login. You will need to sign up for a new MSI Member account if You have not previously registered.
- Register Your product by selecting the product line
- Select the “Tokyo Game Show” promotion
- Agree to the Event Terms and Conditions
- Provide copy of Your proof of purchase required for MSI verification. Documentation must show Your registered product model name, invoice date, and shop/vendor name.
- MSI will review Your eligibility, which can take up to 7 – 10 business days
- If approved, the approval notice will be emailed to Your MSI Member registered email. Each Participant shall only be allotted one (1) prize.
- For second and third prize winners, MSI staff may reach out to You to confirm delivery address. Delivery of physical prize may take up to 2 – 4 weeks or more due to customs clearance.
- Eligible Product: MSI Aegis/Infinite/Trident Series Gaming Desktops or MPG/MAG Series Gaming Monitor.
- Eligible Region: KR, TW, PRC, AU, ID, TH, and MY. You must be a legal resident in the specified regions.
- Event Prizes:
- Top Prize: one (1) round trip economy class plane ticket from an Eligible Region to Tokyo, Japan, and three (3) nights’ paid accommodation in Tokyo from Sept. 20 – 23, 2018, and one (1) 2018 Tokyo Game Show general admission ticket. Conditions apply*.
- * Airplane ticket and hotel accommodations will be reserved and booked on Winner’s behalf by MSI. IN ORDER TO ENSURE TIMELY AIRPLANE TICKET AND HOTEL BOOKING, WINNER MUST PROVIDE MSI REQUIRED BOOKING INFORMATION WITHIN THREE (3) CALENDAR DAYS OF RECEIVING MSI’S REQUEST. IF WINNER DOES NOT TIMELY RESPOND TO MSI’S REQUEST WITHIN THE SPECIFIED TIMEFRAME, THE PARTICIPANT SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE FORFEITED THE TOP PRIZE, AND MSI MAY SELECT ANOTHER ELIGIBLE WINNER.
- *MSI does not guarantee that it will be able to book airplane tickets and accommodations for the specified Top Prize timeframe due to: i) circumstances beyond its reasonable control; ii) failure by Winner to provide all required information. Accordingly, Winner acknowledges that MSI shall not be liable for any decrease in trip duration due to circumstances described above.
- * Accommodations cover only hotel room charges, and does not include travel insurance, and any other taxes, surcharges, or costs, which shall be Winner’s sole responsibility.
- * Airplane ticket and accommodations bookings not inclusive of any applicable costs fees, taxes or surcharges, including without limitation, transportation fees (Eg. Taxi, bus, train, etc.), overweight luggage fees, passport fees, visa fees, airport duties and taxes, fuel taxes, security tax, travel insurance, or personal travel expenses. Winner shall be responsible and liable for all applicable fees, costs, duties, and taxes as stated in the booked ticket and hotel invoice.
- * MSI will not be liable to Winners for any changes, delays, and/or cancellations by the airline or hotel for any reason. Winners shall directly contact and/or heed the airline and hotel’s instructions regarding changes, delays, and cancellations. The MSI prizes may not be sold, gifted, assigned, or otherwise transferred to any other third party. Winners are advised to study and obtain their own travel insurance and assume all risks associated with travel.
- 2nd Place Prize: One (1) MSI GK 80 Gaming Gear Keyboard valued at USD$175
- 3rd Place Prize: One (1) MSI GH 70 Gaming Gear Headset valued at USD$150
- This Event is only for eligible end user consumers and not businesses. MSI, MSI affiliates, subsidiary, manufacturer, business partner, distributor, wholesaler, reseller, retailer, or agency employees and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Event
We may ask You for information during the Event enrolment and product registration process that may, as applicable, include without limitation Your email, name, product serial number, redemption code, purchase information, and other voluntary information You provide. In addition, we may indirectly gather information from you via cookies or website embedded analytics. The information we collect will be used in the following manner: to run this Event, to verify Your eligibility, to contact You if needed, to ensure prize(s) can be sent to You, to store registered product data for as long as an ongoing relationship exists between us (eg. When You use our services such as warranty, eDM notices, etc.), and to use solely for internal market studies for developing better products and services. Your information will not be shared with third parties, except: i) to third party processors such as our internet service and website providers in order for us to execute this Event; or ii) when reporting or responding to actual or suspected breach of applicable laws to legal and regulatory authorities such as courts or the police to the extent needed.
Because of the international nature of our business, we transfer information within the MSI group, and to third parties as referenced above, in connection with the purpose set forth in these terms and conditions. Therefore, we may transfer information to countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements that those applicable in the country You are located.
You may be asked to join MSI’s eDM emailing list to receive MSI product news or service updates. If you do not want to subscribe to this list, please do not check the subscribe or similarly titled check box.
Participant Representation and Warranties.
You hereby represent and warrant that:
- The information You have provided is accurate and true;
- You have the full authority, capacity, power, and right to enroll in this Event, and make the required license grant, representation, and warranties under this Terms and Conditions;
- You have obtained and will maintain all applicable approval, consent, permissions, licenses, and waivers necessary to grant the licenses stated above to MSI and its subsidiaries; and
- You have complied with all applicable laws in enrolling in this Event.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MSI, its affiliates, and successors, assigns, directors, and agents, from and against any and all liabilities, damages, judgments, costs, expenses, and fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees) resulting from any claims, investigations, litigation, or other legal or administrative action by third parties arising out of or relating to any actual or alleged breach by You of any representations, warranties, undertakings in this Terms and Conditions
Participant Acknowledgement and Consent.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- MSI reserves the sole and discretionary right:
- to determine, on a final and conclusive basis, whether a participant has fulfilled the Event requirements in good faith. For illustrative purpose without limiting any other terms, MSI may disqualify participants: a) if Event enrolment or product registration is incomplete, b) if Event eligibility requirements such as applicable product line or regional restrictions are not met; c) if the provided documents are forged, fraudulent, or void; d) if automated codes, scripts, plugins or other means were used to enter or complete Event enrolment; e) if participant does not have the legal capacity to enroll in this Event, or f) if criminal or illegal acts are committed or allegedly committed to enroll in this Event;
- to replace the prize with items of similar value without prior notice;
- to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions without prior notice;
- MSI is not liable and assumes no liability to any person for any loss, dissatisfaction, or damage arising from the prize, and uses thereof. Winners shall not make any claims against MSI;
- MSI disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of the winning notification due to mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, internet, or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind. In such eventuality, the winner unconditionally waives his/her right to the prize and any associated compensation.
MSI Warranties Exclusion.
MSI PRIZE(S) IS/ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Liability.
TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, MSI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ACCOUNT OF ANY CLAIM (REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY WHETHER BASED UPON PRINCIPLES OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, GOODWILL OR COST OF REPLACEMENT.
This Terms and Conditions is governed and construed by the laws of Taiwan, regardless of conflict of law principles, and all disputes arising from the Event and these terms shall be adjudicated by the Taipei District Court in Taipei, Taiwan. Any provision invalidated by a competent court shall be stricken, and the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect. Failure by MSI to enforce any right under this Terms and Condition shall not be deemed to be a waiver. MSI shall not be liable for any failure to perform due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. This Terms and Conditions shall not be assigned or otherwise transferred by You to any other third party; all unauthorized assignments are null and void. This Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Event, and supersede any prior agreements, communications, representations, or discussions, oral or otherwise.