To patch the security vulnerabilities (Intel SA-00086) Intel identified, update the Intel ME (Management Engine) driver and firmware for your system.
MSI Notebooks, Vortex and VR ONE units which bundled with Intel 6th, 7th and 8th generation processor.
1. Run the Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool to confirm whether the firmware update is needed.
2. Visit the product download page to download the latest BIOS and Intel ME update tool.
Estimated Release Date for the ME Update Tool:
- Intel 6th Generation Processor: Dec. 12th, 2017
- Intel 7th Generation Processor: Dec. 4th, 2017
- Intel 8th Generation Processor: Dec. 4th, 2017
3. Update the latest BIOS, Intel ME driver and firmware to patch the security vulnerabilities.
(Refer to the firmware update guide for the detail steps)
If you have "Error 8719:Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled." after running the ME Update tool, there will be new BIOS release to solve the problem. New BIOS will be released right away once finished testing. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
More information, please visit Intel websites.