- APS (Active Phase Switching) offers more than 93% power saving- M-Flash: Easy to flash BIOS with USB stick- Unlock CPU Core: Unlock hidden CPU core and potential- DrMOS: Best power efficiency- Supports VGA / DVI-D / HDMI output
In order to provide customers stable and high quality products, starting from P45 series motherboards, MSI is leading the industry to introduce the world's most advanced power supply component, DrMOS (Driver-MOSFET), which integrates Driver IC, Top MOSFET and Bottom MOSFET into one chip. Except for its outstanding performance in power saving, DrMOS possesses switch frequency which is 400% faster than traditional MOSFET and has great improvement in stabilizing power supply and voltage control. Even under heavy loading and overclocking conditions, DrMOS can still provide the most stable and efficient power supply and quality.
ATI CrossFireX™ is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform. Enabling game-dominating power, ATI CrossFireX technology enables two or more discrete graphics processors to work together to improve graphics performance. ATI CrossFireX technology allows you to expand your system’s graphics capabilities. It allows you the ability to scale your system’s graphics horsepower as you need it, supporting up to four ATI Radeon™ HD graphics cards, making it the most scalable gaming platform ever. With an ATI CrossFireX gaming technology, the traditional graphics limitation exists no more, allowing you to enjoy higher performance as well as visual experience.
MSI’s Unlock CPU Core technology, exclusive from MSI, can unlock the hidden cores in the CPU by making a few selections from the BIOS. By unlocking a Phenom II X2 CPU into a Phenom II X4 CPU, users can boost the CPU performance over 104%. In Addition, MSI discovers the ability to unlock Phenom II X4 960T to a 6 core CPU through the same BIOS setting. At same time, MSI was the first who could unlock a 4-core AMD CPU to a 6-core because MSI does not use any "unlock" chip on our motherboards. MSI engineers developed a BIOS technology to unlock cores which can be easy upgraded via new BIOS. Because of this flexible BIOS core unlock feature, MSI can today announce that it made BIOS unlocking easy and accessible for the audience who doesn’t know their way around the BIOS. This new MSI software tool allows users to unlock CPU cores from Windows with just a few simple clicks, no need to enter the BIOS.
Every user desires more performance. MSI has special Easy OC Switches to provide that accessibility to all users. This great technology makes it easier to tweak the core clock settings. There's no need to have a detailed understanding; with just a few simple steps, everyone is able to get the most out of their motherboards. With a single click, the whole system will increase by 5%-20% performance, making overclocking a very easy thing to do.
High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a set of digital video standards that delivers multi-channel audio and uncompressed digital video for full HD 1080p visuals through a single cable. HDMI provides you with the highest-quality home theater experience.
- Next-Gen Multimedia Interface
- Deliver Full HD Video output In Only One Cable
With such diversity of display outputs, you are able to choose and upgrade display devices then build up your own home theater.
- Next-Gen Multimedia Interface
- All digital signal output
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving you time and lowers the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboard which need extra BIOS chips, MSI’s M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn’t need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
A choke is an inductor responsible for storing power and regulates the current. All shielded choke could reduce core power loss, lower EMI interference, and store energy longer at higher frequency, achieving higher efficiency. It also offer a special centralized structural design that can effectively reduce the production of noise, provide secure stability and has no high frequency buzz noise-fully meeting the multiple demands low temperature/low noise and stable high performance.
AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ Technology reduces heat and noise so you can experience amazing performance without distraction. Combined with core enhancements, included in the AMD processors, that can improve overall power savings, deliver better multitasking and energy efficiency. Cool'n'Quiet technology can automatically adjust processor ratio to throttle CPU speed with four modes.
- Independent Dynamic Core Technology
- Dual Dynamic Power Management™
- AMD CoolCore™ Technology
- AMD Wideband Frequency Control
- Multi-Point Thermal Control
• Key components status hardware monitor.
• Monitor the CPU status.
• Optimize System status define.
• Auto speed up with system loading change.
• AMD® Phenom/Athlon/Sempron CPU. Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.Hyper Transport Bus
• HyperTransport 3.0 supporting speed up to 5200MT/s - AM2 CPU supports HyperTransport 1.0/2.0- AM2+ CPU supports HyperTransport 3.0
• AMD® 790GX and SB750 Chipset
Main Memory • Supports Dual DDR2 667/800/1066(only for AM2+)- 4 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• 1 mazarine PCI Express x16 slot with x16 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant) • 1 light-blue PCI Express x16 slot with x8 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant) - When 2 PCI Express x16 slots are all installed, the PCIE x 16 lanes will auto arrange form x16/ x0 to x8/ x8. Do not use the light-blue slot when only one PCI Express x16 card is installed.• 2 PCI Express x1 slots• 2 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface.
On-Board IDE • One IDE port by AMD® SB750- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode- Can connect up to two IDE devicesOn-Board SATA • 5 SATA II (1~5) ports by AMD® SB750• 1 eSATA port by AMD® SB750- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s RAID Function - SATA II 1~5 support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or JBOD mode by AMD® SB750
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC888- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111C- Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in single chip- Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s and 1000Mb/s- Compliance with PCI-Express Bus specification v1.0a
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-pin power connector- ATX 4-pin 12V CPU power connector- CPU x 1 / System x 2 FAN connectors- CD-in connector- Front panel audio connector- Front panel connector- Chassis intrusion switch connector - 3 x USB 2.0 connector support additional 6 ports- 1 x Floppy disk drive connector- 5 x Serial ATA II connectors- 1 x ATA133 HD connectors- Serial port connector- Clear CMOS button - Power button - Reset button - OC switch- 1 x Wake on LAN connector
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard or mouse- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack - 6 x USB 2.0 ports - 1 x RJ45 LAN jack- 1 x optical SPDIF-out port- 1 x eSATA port - 1 x DVI-D port- 1 x Graphic Card port- 1 x HDMI port
• 30.4cm(L) x 24.5cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.