Intel® H81 Express Chipset
MSI's new Military Class 4 components support you while you are questing, racing, battling and shooting your way to the top. MSI's Military Class 4 components deliver record-breaking stability when you need to keep cool in the heat of battle. The new standard in stability built on a proven technology of high quality components.
The core of Military Class 4 is based on the essentials which increase your stability in the worst conditions. The humidity protection and high temperature protection ensure your system surviving each environment, no matter how harsh. The new structure of the PCB limits EMI radiation. On top of that all the connectors have ESD protection in order to prevent short circuit.
OC Genie 4 supercharges your speed experience! When used, OC Genie 4 accelerates your entire system and puts it into overdrive! Tuned by the professional overclockers, OC Genie 4 hands you record-breaking performance on a silver plate.
Enjoy the awesome 4K UHD video playback now! MSI's 8 series motherboards that equip with HDMI port(s) supports the latest and the most innovative 4K UHD (2160p ultra-high definition) signal outputs to provide an unprecedented visual experience.
Compared to the 480Mbps provided by traditional USB 2.0, the all-new USB 3.0's 5Gb/s offers 10 times the transfer bandwidth, so transferring a Blu-ray movie takes less than one minute.
- 10X Faster Than USB 2.0
- Up to 5Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Boost Transfer Rate Between Your PC and External Storage Devices
SATA 6Gb/s provides double the bandwidth of traditional SATA 3Gb/s, and increases the data transfer rate between your motherboard and internal storage devices, such as 7200RPM HDDs, 10000RPM HDDs and SSDs. It's also the current trend for upcoming high-speed internal storage devices to break the existing bottleneck of a PC's performance.
- 2X Faster Than SATA 3Gb/s
- Up to 6Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
- Unleash True Performance of New HDDs/SSDs
- Automatically pull data from cloud services for always updated content
- Fast applications sync with cloud services, without the need for manual interaction
- Great power efficiency as system wakes to a low power state to download content
No more waiting for entering O/S! MSI Fast Boot helps to make motherboards boot lightning fast. MSI also adds the GO2BIOS button with-in. Simply click it to reset your PC and then go straight to the system BIOS.
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving your time and lowering the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1150 socket
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® H81 Express Chipset
• Support two DDR3 DIMMs 1066/1333/1600 MHz. with 22nm Haswell processors up to 16GB Max
- Supports Dual-Channel mode
• 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot
• SATAIII controller integrated in Intel® H81 chipset
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports two SATAIII ports (SATA1~2) by H81
• SATAII controller integrated in Intel® H81 chipset
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports two SATAII ports (SATA3~4) by H81
• 2 x USB 3.0 ports by Intel® H81 (2 ports on the front panel)
• 2 x USB 3.0 ports by RENESAS UPD720202 (2 ports on the back panel)
• Realtek® ALC887 Codec
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek® RTL8111G
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
- 1 x 4-pin system fan connector
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 2 x Serial ATAIII connectors
- 2 x Serial ATAII connectors
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 2 x System panel connectors
- 1 x Front Panel Audio connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/ mouse combo port
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF-out connector
- 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack
- 1 x 3 in 1 audio jack
- 1 x D-sub port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x DVI-D port
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 6.7 in. x 6.7 in. (17 cm x 17 cm) Mini-ITX Form Factor
• 4 mounting holes