SLI technology allows using multiple Nvidia graphics cards in a single computer system with a motherboard equipped with an nForce SLI MCP. Users need an a motherboard with two PCI-Express 16x graphics slots and two matching GeForce graphics cards which are "SLI Ready". Most NVIDIA's PCI-Express graphics cards starting from the 6600 GPU can enjoy the benefits of SLI.
Active Phase Switching, APS, technology is an intelligent design that helps to save energy on MSI’s motherboards. The underlying idea is to switch off the power supply as soon as no electricity is needed, and when the system needs more resources again, APS will automatically adjust electricity supply accordingly. APS will automatically detect your processor’s loading at any given time and save energy accordingly. This is only possible by means of a very advanced power controlling technology. Other than software-based solutions, APS technology stands out from MSI's own research. The specially developed IC chip can operate automatically depending on the demands of the power supply, which is to reduce the total power usage.
Onboard PC audio gets better! MSI is the first to implement the most high-end HD Audio codecs available. Don’t be fooled by other inferior audio solutions onboard (sometimes you can’t even find the driver!) Only MSI offers the Loss-less 24-bit/192KHz HD Audio function with an incredible 109 SNR dB value to provide the most clear & vivid HD audio quality and support 7.1 channels surround sound playback with a 2-channel independent stereo output (multiple streaming) through the front panel 3.5 inch phone jack.
Every user desires more performance. MSI has special Easy OC Switches to provide that accessibility to all users. This great technology makes it easier to tweak the core clock settings. There's no need to have a detailed understanding; with just a few simple steps, everyone is able to get the most out of their motherboards. With a single click, the whole system will increase by 5%-20% performance, making overclocking a very easy thing to do.
Mobile consumer appliances are getting more and more attention in current day fast moving life style, with smart phones and tablets almost becoming a fashion accessory. However, many ordinary personal computers cannot charge some of these devices, making it difficult to stay connected. The MSI Super Charger is a Windows resident program capable of revising the power supply mode of your USB port to become more powerful. Once your phone or tablet is connected to your USB port, the Super Charger sends a signal to initiate its charging circuit, making it a really smart and convenient charging solution for mobile computing needs.
Note: Only front red USB ports support charger function after system off
3TB+ Infinity is not only breaking through the limit of traditional BIOS, but also enhancing the utilization of hard drives efficiently. In addition to supporting the latest 3TB hard drives, MSI 3TB+ Infinity technology can use the 3TB hard drive as boot disk when installing a 64-bit operating system. Compared to competitors, MSI 3TB+ Infinity is an industry-leading technology which substantially presents an advantage of development and application in the future.
- All the latest 3TB hard drivers on the market can be supported
- Make the 3TB hard drive as boot disk when installing a 64-bit operating system
MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving you time and lowers the risk of updating. End-users can install and run the Live Update 5 software on their computers with the companion CD or downloading the app from the MSI website.
- Automatically Detect the BIOS/Driver/VGA/Utility Update
- Support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit
Compared to common motherboard which need extra BIOS chips, MSI’s M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn’t need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
• Supports Intel® i7 based processors in LGA1366 package.Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® X58 Chipset- Supports QPI up to 6.4GT/s • Intel® ICH10 / ICH10R Chipset - Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec.- 6 SATAII ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s.- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.- ACPI 2.0 compliant.- Serial ATA RAID 0/1/5/10. (ICH10R)- Integrated AHCI controller.
Main Memory• Supports six unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 800/1066/1333* (OC) DRAM, 24GB Max- Supports 1GB/ 2GB/ 4GB DRAM size
• 2 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots - supports ATI® Crossfire™• 1 PCI Express gen1 x4 slot• 1 PCI slot, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface
On-Board IDE/SATA • One Ultra DMA 66/100/133 IDE controller integrated in JMicron® 363.- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.- Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.• SATAII controller integrated in ICH10/ICH10R/JMicron® 363 chipset- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.- Supports six SATAII ports by ICH10R (SATA1~6)- Supports one SATAII port by JMicron 363 (SATA7)- Supports one eSATA port by JMicron 363.- Supports AHCI controller with SATA RAID 0/1/5/10 by ICH10R.
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC888S / ALC889- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec
• Supports one PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111C.
IEEE1394 / FireWire• VIA® VT6315N chipset- Supports up to two 1394 ports. (Rear panel x1, pinheader x1)- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector - CPU x 1 / System x 3 FAN connectors- CD-in connector- Front panel audio connector- Front panel connector- 1 x chasis intrusion connector- 1 x serial port pinheader- 3 x USB 2.0 connectors- 7 x Serial ATAII connectors- 1 x ATA133 connector- 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 port (optional)- 1 x OC Switch- 1 x Power Button- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper- 1 x SPDIF-out connector - 1 x TPM module connector (optional)
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard - 1 x PS/2 Mouse - 1 x eSATA port - 1 x IEEE1394 port (optional)- 6 x USB 2.0 ports- 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 24.5cm(L) x 24.5cm(W) mATX Form Factor
• 8 mounting holes.