The MSI Overclocking motherboards are designed based on four principles:
USB 3.1 allows for speeds up to 10 Gbps, doubling the speed compared to USB 3.0 and 20x faster than legacy USB 2.0. USB 3.1 is even faster than SATAIII! Transferring your favorite games, music and movies over USB has never been faster.
OC Certified is a military class burn-in test for motherboards. Running Prime95 for over 24 hours with a highly overclocked CPU is already a stressing endeavor, but removing all airflow from the motherboard ensures that only the best motherboards survive. If a motherboard can survive this, it can survive any overclocking situation.
MSI Overclocking motherboards are equipped with all the necessary features to make sure you get the most out of your system. From the Enhanced PWM with a large amount of power phases and Thermal Design that give you the best stability, to all the easy features that ensure that you don't have to perform a lot of tricks to get great stability in your quest for performance.
MSI engineers made sure you can enjoy high speed DDR4 compatibility.
DDR4 offers higher volume sticks, this means larger memory configurations are possible up to 128GB.
Run into unstable situations when pushing your CPU to the limit? This occurs because the internal clocks are linked through the 100 MHz BCLK strap. Thanks to a integrated Clock Generator, MSI motherboards support more flexible BCLK adjustments, from 100 / 125 / 167 MHz straps.
Using these straps prevents system crashing while overclocking on the edge and opens doors to achieve the absolute maximum. The MSI X99 motherboards all come with the next generation Clock Generator offering even lower jitter and power consumption resulting in even higher stability under extreme conditions.
A small set of tools that are essential to get the best performance out of your motherboard. These features increase stability, assist in trouble shooting, allow you to keep your complete system in check and allow for simple management. This way you can keep your mind on overclocking.
MSI Overclocking motherboards feature perfectly aligned PCI-Express 3.0 slots with enough space for an optimal airflow when using multiple graphics cards. That way, you will never have to worry about an overheating PC, while you are enjoying the best graphics jumping off from your monitor when running a NVIDIA® SLI™ or AMD CrossFire™ gaming setup.
SATA Express introduces a new solution in high speed storage through PCI-Express, providing more bandwidth for the latest generation SSDs up to 10 Gb/s.
Delivering speeds up to 32Gb/s using Gen3 x4, Turbo M.2 is more than 5 times faster than a regular SATA III connection! Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely fast loading of applications and games with MSI motherboards.
Turbo M.2 is the successor to M.2 10 Gb/s, offering 3 times more performance up to 32 Gb/s using Gen3 x4. M.2 is packed in a small form factor and is compatible with 3 different sizes to fit most storage solutions. All latest generation Intel® based MSI motherboards feature Turbo M.2 storage.
Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. The DrMOS II, Hi-C Cap, Super Ferrite Choke and Solid Caps will make sure that your PC runs more stable under extreme conditions.
DrMOS is the next-gen Mosfet which is used to deliver the power for the CPU. MSI DrMOS does not waste much power, stays cool and is more power efficient than other powersaving solutions. Because DrMOS is a 3-in-1 chip it delivers much more power with less components needed. This solution gives you the power to break world records.
A Hi-c CAP is a very small, but super-efficient capacitor. Besides ensuring enough spacing around a CPU socket to install large coolers, it also allows for 93% energy efficiency. Thanks to Hi-c CAP`s MSI mainboards are the most energy efficient in the market.
With their aluminum core design, Dark CAP's have been a staple in high-end motherboard design and provides lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) as well as its over-10-year lifespan.
Super Ferrite Choke uses a Ferrite core that is Super-Permeable. This allows the Super Ferrite Choke to run at a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature, have a 30% higher current capacity, a 20% improvement in power efficiency and better overclocking power stability.
We put extra effort in increasing customer satisfaction. Our RMA rate has drastically decreased in the last few years. To achieve the highest quality the MSI Overclocking motherboards are developed by our most senior engineers on the most advanced production lines.
We are continuously improving our customer services, so in case you might run into a problem you can be assured we offer a fast response to your questions and hand you in depth information on the subject.
Carefully selected materials, multiple PCB layers and shielding result in the best circuit protection for our overclocking motherboards.
With MSI ECO Center you can physically cut the power to unused chips to save up to 19% power usage.
10% Reduction in moisture absorption helps prevent "Conductive Anodic Filament". Untreated PCB's can have 10x higher failure rate.
All key components used in MSI motherboards have all passed military testing ensuring stable operation in the harshest environments.
Each and every I/O port is protected against the hazards of Electro Static Discharge.
All MSI motherboards comply with stringent American FCC regulations and reduce the impact of Electromagnetic Interference.
The MSI Click BIOS 4 is the latest UEFI BIOS with optimizations for Windows 8.1 / Windows 10. Not only that it also reacts faster, runs smoother and has better mouse support. And this all comes with many cool features. Click on the button on the right to visit our dedicated BIOS page and learn more.
MSI Overclocking motherboards are equipped with advanced overclocking software tools to fine tune even the most in-depth OC settings with ease.
MSI's Command Center software is a very powerful tool to push your motherboard to the max. With a very intuitive touch ready interface, Command Center allows users to tune settings to increase system stability, maximize overclocking performance and adjust cooling features.
This lightweight overclocking tool doesn't need installation and doesn't occupy unnecessary system resources lowering system benchmark scores. With a single mouse click you have access to the most important overclocking features.
MSI Command Center integrates an unlimited RAMdisk with the retail value of $35. With a RAMdisk you can create a virtual drive from your system memory enabling speeds 20x faster than a modern SSD. There are options to load complete game images, you can speed up your browser or your page file which increases your whole game system performance.
Reward your ears with true quality. Get ready for ear-drum shattering sound, with MSI Audio Boost! With Audio Boost we're delivering the highest audio quality so you can enjoy crystal clear sound and music in games.
Because the complete audio circuitry is isolated from other features, you'll enjoy less interference and more stability.
The built-in headphone amplifier allows you to use studio-grade headgear and get the most amazing sound quality out of your PC.
When the MSI Overclocking motherboard detects a failure from hardware such as the CPU, it will shut down, prevent booting and protects other hardware from damage by disconnecting power to it. A red LED let's you know that overcurrent protection is active.
We have implemented the revolutionary OC Genie 4 button with GAMING mode on our Overclocking motherboard series. Just press the OC Genie button on the motherboard and use the game switch and the system's game performance will be boosted.
Entering a BIOS can be a frustrating job. Because nowadays motherboards boot Lightning fast, we added the GO2BIOS button. Simply push it before you start or restart your system and you'll go straight to the system BIOS when your motherboard powers on.
Always connected with Intel® Gigabit LAN networking. Optimized for multimedia and gaming use to deliver a stable and fast network connection. Even when using LN2, to make sure you can upload your record-breaking scores.
What's in the box? Check it out for yourself! Besides getting a Delid Die Guard, OC Fan Stand, a plethora of necessary cables and connectors you also get a cool Do-Not-Disturb door-hanger, a slick MSI OC series case badge, a set of cable labels and the stylish all black M-shield.
• Supports New Intel® Core™ Processors for the Socket LGA2011-3
• Support lntel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
* Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® X99 Express Chipset
• Support eight DDR4 DIMMs 2133/2200*/2400*/2600*/2666*/2750*/3000*/3110*/3333*(OC) DRAM (128GB Max)
- Supports Quad-Channel mode
- Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Supports RDIMM 1Rx8 memory module (Operates in non-ECC mode)
* Hyper DIMM support depends on the individual CPU physical characteristics
• 4x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (PCI_E1,3,5,6), support up to 3-way mode
- 1-way mode: x16/ x0/ x0/ x0
- 2-way mode: x16/ x16/ x0/ x0*, 16/ x8/ x0/ x0**
- 3-way mode: x16/ x16/ x0/ x8*, x8/ x8/ x8/ x0**
• 2x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots (PCI_E2,4)
• Intel X99 Express Chipset
• 10x SATA 6Gb/s ports (2 x ports compatible with 1 x SATA Express port)*
- SATA1~6 support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10
- SATA7~10 ports only support IDE mode and AHCI mode.
- Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology (Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1)
• 1 x SATA Express port*
• 1 x M.2 port, supports M.2 SATA 6Gb/s module* or M.2 PCIe module up to 32Gb/s speed**
- M.2 port supports 4.2cm/ 6cm/ 8cm length module
- M.2 PCIe module does not support RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 5 and RAID 10.
- 1 x M.2 Key M Socket supports type 2280/2260/2242 storage devices in both PCIE Gen3 x4 & SATA mode
• Intel X99 Express Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors**)
• VIA VIA805 Chipset
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
• ASMedia ASM1142 Chipset
- 2 x USB 3.1 ports on the back panel
*Internal JUSB1 connector supports MSI Super Charger.
• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output
• 1x Intel I210-AT Gigabit LAN controller
• Supports 3-Way AMD CrossFire™ Technology*
• Supports 3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
*Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1.
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 10 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 2 x USB 3.0 connector (supports additional 4 USB 3.0 ports)
- 2 x 4-pin CPU fan connectors
- 3 x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 2 x System panel connectors
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x GO2BIOS button
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x Reset button
- 2 x Base Clock control buttons
- 1 x OC Genie button
- 1 x Multi-BIOS switch
- 1 x OC Genie mode switch
- 1x Slow mode booting switch
- 1x Slow mode booting jumper
- 1 x 2-Digit Debug Code LED
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF-out port
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN jack
- 1 x 5 in 1 OFC audio jack
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 30.48cm(L) x 24.38cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.