Dare to be different
USB 3.1 allows for speeds up to 10 Gbps, doubling the speed compared to USB 3.0 and 20x faster than legacy USB 2.0. USB 3.1 is even faster than SATAIII! Transferring your favorite games, music and movies over USB has never been faster.
Delivering speeds up to 32Gb/s using Gen3 x4, Turbo M.2 is more than 5 times faster than a regular SATA III connection! Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely fast loading of applications and games with MSI motherboards.
Turbo M.2 is the successor to M.2 10 Gb/s, offering 3 times more performance up to 32 Gb/s using Gen3 x4. M.2 is packed in a small form factor and is compatible with 3 different sizes to fit most storage solutions. All latest generation Intel® based MSI motherboards feature Turbo M.2 storage.
SATA Express introduces a new solution in high speed storage through PCI-Express, providing more bandwidth for the latest generation SSDs up to 10 Gb/s.
Unique and optimal PCI Express slot placement ensure perfect stability and compatibility for heavy duty computing. Designed and optimized for NVIDIA® Quadro® multi-GPU setups for the best rendering efficiency.
With a large number of PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots for every MSI motherboard, you get to choose optimal placement for your graphics cards for better fitting and airflow up to Quad SLI/CF. That way, you can enjoy the best graphics at the highest framerate jumping off from your screen when running a NVIDIA® SLI™ or AMD CrossFire™ setup.
Run into unstable situations when pushing your CPU to the limit? This occurs because the internal clocks are linked through the 100 MHz BCLK strap. Thanks to a integrated Clock Generator, MSI motherboards support more flexible BCLK adjustments, from 100 / 125 / 167 MHz straps.
Using these straps prevents system crashing while overclocking on the edge and opens doors to achieve the absolute maximum. The MSI X99 motherboards all come with the next generation Clock Generator offering even lower jitter and power consumption resulting in even higher stability under extreme conditions.
DDR4 more speed, more bandwidth, less power; MSI engineers made sure you can enjoy high speed DDR4 compatibility. DDR4 brings higher memory speeds at even lower power usage as low as 1.2v.
DDR4 offers higher volume sticks, this means larger memory configurations are possible up to 128GB.
Reward your ears with true quality. Get ready for ear-drum shattering sound, with MSI Audio Boost! With Audio Boost we're delivering the highest audio quality so you can enjoy crystal clear sound and music in games.
Because the complete audio circuitry is isolated from other features, you'll enjoy less interference and more stability.
The built-in headphone amplifier allows you to use studio-grade headgear and get the most amazing sound quality out of your PC.
A small set of tools that are essential to get the best performance out of your motherboard. These features increase stability, assist in trouble shooting, allow you to keep your complete system in check and allow for simple management. This way you can keep your mind on overclocking.
Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. The Hi-c Cap, Super Ferrite Choke and Solid CAPs will make sure that your PC runs more stable under extreme gaming conditions.
DrMOS is the next-gen Mosfet which is used to deliver the power for the CPU. MSI DrMOS does not waste much power, stays cool and is more power efficient than other powersaving solutions. Because DrMOS is a 3-in-1 chip it delivers much more power with less components needed. This solution gives you the power to break world records.
A Hi-c CAP is a very small, but super-efficient capacitor. Besides ensuring enough spacing around a CPU socket to install large coolers, it also allows for 93% energy efficiency. Thanks to Hi-c CAP`s MSI mainboards are the most energy efficient in the market.
Super Ferrite Chokes use a Ferrite core that is Super-Permeable. This allows the Super Ferrite Chokes to run at a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature, have a 30% higher current capacity, a 20% improvement in power efficiency and better overclocking power stability.
With their aluminum core design, Dark CAP`s has been a staple in high-end design mainboard designs and provides lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) as well as its over-10-year lifespan.
Carefully selected materials, multiple PCB layers and shielding result in the best circuit protection for our motherboards.
With MSI ECO Center you can physically cut the power to unused chips to save up to 19% power usage.
10% Reduction in moisture absorption helps prevent "Conductive Anodic Filament". Untreated PCB's can have 10x higher failure rate.
All key components used in MSI motherboards have all passed military testing ensuring stable operation in the harshest environments.
Each and every I/O port is protected against the hazards of Electro Static Discharge.
All MSI motherboards comply with stringent American FCC regulations and reduce the impact of Electromagnetic Interference.
We put extra effort in increasing customer satisfaction. Our RMA rate has drastically decreased in the last few years. To achieve the highest quality the MSI motherboards are developed by our most senior engineers on the most advanced production lines.
We are continuously improving our customer services, so in case you might run into a problem you can be assured we offer a fast response to your questions and hand you in depth information on the subject..
Always connected with Intel® Gigabit LAN networking. The latest MSI X99 motherboards come equipped with the high quality network solution from Intel®. Optimized for multimedia and gaming use to deliver a stable and fast network connection.
Be sure to take full advantage of all the weapons by connecting your devices to the optimized ports.
The MSI Smart Utilities application helps to easily setup, configure and boost your systems’ performance and more through Intel® key technologies:
*This feature only works on platform/model that supports Intel® Smart Response technology.
With the one-second overclocking option OC Genie we're giving you even more performance. Just hit the button and your PC gets another adrenalin shot straight away. Give your system an awesome performance boost with ease.
The MSI Click BIOS 4 is the latest UEFI BIOS with optimizations for Windows 8.1 / Windows 10. Not only that it also reacts faster, runs smoother and has better mouse support. And this all comes with many cool features. Click on the button on the right to visit our dedicated BIOS page and learn more.
MSI's Command Center software is a very powerful tool to push your motherboard to the max. With a very intuitive touch ready interface, Command Center allows users to tune settings to increase system stability, maximize overclocking performance and adjust cooling features.
MSI Live Update is renewed! Our popular software automatically downloads and installs the latest drivers, BIOS and software. Rest assured while your system is always configured using the latest software so you get the maximum performance and stability.
MSI Command Center integrates an unlimited RAMdisk. With a RAMdisk you can create a virtual drive from your system memory enabling speeds 20x faster than a modern SSD.
Save the planet, lower your electrical bill. ECO Center lets you disable unused chips and functions used on your motherboard. By cutting off the power entirely, your motherboard will run more efficient, up to 19%!
No more seamless waiting for your O/S to be loaded! MSI Fast Boot helps to make your system boot lightning fast. MSI Fast Boot also features a GO2BIOS button. Simply click it to restart your PC and go straight to the system BIOS.
• Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition for LGA2011-3 Socket.
• Support lntel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
* Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® X99 Express Chipset
• Support eight DDR4 DIMMs 2133/2200(OC)/2400(OC)/2600(OC)/2666(OC)/2750(OC)/3000(OC)/3110(OC)/3333(OC) MHz, up to 128GB Max.
- Supports Quad-Channel mode
- Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
* Hyper DIMM support depends on the individual CPU physical characteristics
• 4 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (PCI_E1,3,5,6), support up to 3-way mode
- 1-way mode: x16/ x0/ x0/ x0
- 2-way mode: x16/ x16/ x0/ x0*, 16/ x8/ x0/ x0**
- 3-way mode: x16/ x16/ x0/ x8*, x8/ x8/ x8/ x0**
• 2x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots (PCI_E2,4)
* For the CPU that supports 40 PCIe lanes
** For the CPU that supports 28 PCIe lanes
• Supports 3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
• Supports 3-Way AMD® CrossFire™ Technology*
* Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8/ 8.1
• Intel® X99 Express Chipset
• 10 x SATA 6Gb/s ports (2 x ports compatible with 1 x SATA Express port)*
- SATA1~6 support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10
- SATA7~10 ports only support IDE mode and AHCI mode.
- Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology (Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1)
• 1 x SATA Express port*
• 1 x M.2 port, supports M.2 SATA 6Gb/s module* or M.2 PCIe module up to 32Gb/s speed**
• 1 x M.2 Key M Socket supports type 2280/2260/2242 storage devices in both PCIE Gen3 x4 & SATA mode
- M.2 port supports 4.2cm/ 6cm/ 8cm length module
- M.2 PCIe module does not support RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 5 and RAID 10.
* The SATA Express port or SATA5~6 ports will be unavailable when installing the M.2 (Gen2 x2 mode) module in the M.2 port.
** Intel RST does not support PCIe M.2 SSD with Legacy ROM.
• Intel X99 Express Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB 3.0 connectors*)
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB 2.0 connectors)
• ASMedia ASM1142
- 2 x USB 3.1 ports on the back panel
• VIA VL805
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
* Internal JUSB1 connector supports MSI Super Charger.
• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output
• 1 x Intel I210-AT Gigabit LAN controller
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 10x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 2x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 2x USB 3.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 3.0 ports)
- 2x 4-pin CPU fan connectors
- 3x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1x Front panel audio connector
- 2x System panel connectors
- 1x TPM module connector
- 1x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1x GO2BIOS button
- 1x Power button
- 1x Reset button
- 1x OC Genie button
- 1x Multi-BIOS switch
- 1x OC Genie mode switch
- 1x Slow mode booting switch
- 1x Slow mode booting jumper
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 port
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 ports
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF OUT connector
- 5 x OFC audio jacks
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes