Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
The MSI Z87 MPOWER motherboard is designed based on four principles:
OC Certified is a military class burn-in test for motherboards. Running Prime95 for over 24 hours with a highly overclocked CPU is already a stressing endeavor, but removing all airflow from the motherboard ensures that only the best motherboards survive. If a motherboard can survive this, it can survive any overclocking situation.
The MSI Z87 MPOWER motherboard is equipped with all the necessary features to make sure you get the most out of your system. From the Enhanced PWM and Thermal Design that give you the best stability to all the easy features that ensure that you don't have to perform a lot of tricks to get great stability in your quest for performance.
Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. The Hi-c CAP, Super Ferrite Choke and Dark CAPs will make sure that your PC runs more stable under extreme conditions.
Hi-c CAP is a very small, but super-efficient capacitor. Besides ensuring enough spacing around a CPU socket to install large coolers, it also allows for 93% energy efficiency. Thanks to Hi-c CAP`s MSI motherboards are the most energy efficient in the market.
With their aluminum core design, Dark CAP's have been a staple in high-end motherboard design and provides lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) as well as its over-10-year lifespan.
Super Ferrite Choke uses a Ferrite core that is Super-Permeable. This allows the Super Ferrite Choke to run at a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature, have a 30% higher current capacity, a 20% improvement in power efficiency and better overclocking power stability.
The core of Military Class 4 is based on the essentials which increase your stability in the toughest conditions.
The humidity protection and high temperature protection ensure your system can survive each environment, no matter how harsh. The new structure of the PCB limits EMI radiation.
On top of that the all the connectors have ESD protection in order to prevent short circuit.
The OC PCB used for the MSI OVERCLOCKING motherboards is a completely new design where 50% more layers are used. This allows us to optimize all traces for overclocking. Power and signal traces are isolated, resulting in higher efficiency and performance and more features can be installed relatively close to each other without causing interference. Every MSI OVERCLOCKING motherboard is tuned for better stability under extreme circumstances:
DigitALL Power digitally steers and receives feedback through a DigitALL PWM controller. This allows for pinpoint voltage delivery and lower power consumption. With the switch from analog feedback to digital feedback, you also have the opportunity to implement Load Line Calibration.
Besides inspiring visual awe the MPOWER Thermal Design was developed to deliver the highest cooling potential in the worst situation. Because it is optimized to work in low-airflow situations, it is the ideal cooling to use with your liquid cooling setup.
What is more frustrating than not being able to properly fit your cooling solution on your motherboard? Through the use of Military Class 4 components we can ensure that normal coolers can easily be installed and the motherboard can easily be insulated for extreme cooling solutions.
A small set of tools that are essential to get the best performance out of your motherboard. These features increase stability, assist in trouble shooting, allow you to keep your complete system in check and allow for simple management. This way you can keep your mind on overclocking.
MSI OVERCLOCKING motherboards are equipped with advanced overclocking software tools to finetune even the smallest OC settings without requiring extra power from your PC.
This software gives you maximum control over your system whether it is the CPU, Memory, system clocks or monitoring system temperatures, voltages or fan speeds.
This lightweight overclocking tool doesn't need installation and doesn't occupy unnecessary system resources lowering system benchmark score. With a single mouse click you have access to the most important overclocking features.
MSI Command Center integrates an unlimited RAMDisk with the retail value of $35. With a RAMdisk you can create a virtual drive from your system memory enabling speeds 20x faster than a modern SSD. There are options to load complete game images, you can speed up your browser or your page file which increases your whole game system performance.
The MSI Click BIOS 4 is the latest UEFI BIOS with optimizations for Windows 8. Not only that it also reacts faster, runs smoother and has better mouse support. And this all comes with many cool features.
Hardware monitor allows you to take control of your system through Total Fan and check your primary system characteristics in an easy graphical interface.
This feature shows the user a visual representation of all the connectors of the motherboard and displays which devices are connected. In case of a device having a bad connection you can easily trace it with board explorer.
With OC profiles you an very fast switch between settings and you can save up to 8 profiles. In the blink of an eye, you can see the differences between your current system settings and any of the stored profiles.
This software gives you maximum control over your system whether it is the CPU, Memory, system clocks or monitoring system temperatures, voltages or fan speeds. If you want to achieve overclocking records you also need fast memory. The Z87 MPOWER motherboard not only supports the new T-Topology architecture, it also works with the latest DDR3-3000 standards. This way you are ensured of the best memory performance.
MSI OVERCLOCKING motherboards feature one or more PCI-Express 3.0 slots, perfectly aligned and with enough space for an optimal airflow when using multiple graphics cards. That way, you will never have to worry about an overheating PC, while you are enjoying the best graphics jumping off from your monitor when running a NVIDIA® SLI™ or AMD Crossfire gaming setup.
Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 is the latest GPU Virtualization technology allowing you to utilize your CPU's integrated Intel HD graphics cores in combination with a powerful discrete graphics card to get more gaming performance! Virtual V-Sync is the most important feature for gamers as it allows you to run at a smooth fixed framerate, without compromising in mouse responsiveness, which is the biggest drawback of traditional V-Sync.
Reward your ears with true quality. Get ready for ear-drum shattering sound, with MSI Audio Boost! With Audio Boost we're delivering the highest audio quality so you can enjoy crystal clear sound and music in games.Reward your ears with true quality. Get ready for ear-drum shattering sound, with MSI Audio Boost! With Audio Boost we're delivering the highest audio quality so you can enjoy crystal clear sound and music in games.
Because the complete audio circuitry is isolated from other features, you'll enjoy less interference and more stability.
The built-in headphone amplifier allows you to use studio-grade headgear and get the most amazing sound quality out of your gaming PC.
The OVERCLOCKING motherboards come with an easily unpluggable Intel® Wi-Fi / Bluetooth module which also supports Intel® WiDi. This way you can easy connect to other wireless devices in your home.
The support of 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 ensures that you have the fastest available transfer speed. With Intel® WiDi (stands for Wireless Display) and a WiDi receiver (not included) you can watch movies on your TV without the need for any cables.
We have implemented the revolutionary OC Genie 4 button with GAMING mode on our OVERCLOCKING motherboard series. Just press the OC Genie button on the motherboard and use the game switch and the system's game performance will be boosted.
Super RAID support gives you super fast loading times of your operating system or PC games. Now you won't have to wait endlessly on those annoying loadingbars to fill.
Entering a BIOS can be a frustrating job. Because nowadays motherboards boot lightning fast, we added the GO2BIOS button. Simply push it before you start or restart your system and you'll go straight to the system BIOS when your motherboard powers on.
Through the detection and prioritization of gaming traffic you can finally fully utilize your network without fear of being kicked from an on-line game because of high ping.
• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® /Celeron® processors for LGA 1150 socket
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
• Support four DDR3 DIMMs 1066/1333/1600/1866*/2000*/2133*/2200*/2400*/2600*/2667*/2800*/3000*(OC) DRAM (32GB Max)
- Supports Dual-Channel mode
- Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
• 3 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots
- The operating mode will be x16/ x0/ x0, x8/ x8/ x0, or x8/ x4/ x4. Please always install expansion card into the PCI_E2 “First”.
• 4 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• Intel Z87 Express Chipset
- 1 x mSATA 6Gb/s port*
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports (SATA1~6)*
- Supports RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 5 and RAID 10
- Supports Intel Smart Response Technology, Intel® Rapid Start Technology and Intel Smart Connect Technology**
• ASMedia ASM1061 Chipset
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s ports (SATA7~8)
* The SATA6 port will be unavailable when install a SSD in the mSATA port.
** Supports Intel Core processors on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- SATA1~6 ports support Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (AHCI / RAID 0/1/5/10) by Intel Z87
• Intel Z87 Express Chipset
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
- 8 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB connectors**)
• ASMedia ASM1074 Chipset
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
** internal JUSB1 connector supports MSI Super Charger
• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output
• Supports one PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Killer® E2205
*The Killer Network Manager is only available for Windows 7 and Windows 8 currently. The supported drivers for other operating systems would depend on the vendor providing or not.
• Supports 3-Way AMD CrossFireTM Technology*
• Supports 2-Way NVIDIA® SLITM Technology
• Supports Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0*
*Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x 4-pin CPU fan connectors
- 3 x 4-pin System fan connectors
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 3 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 6 USB 2.0 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector (supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports)
- 1 x Discharge jumper
- 1 x Multi BIOS Switch
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x Front Panel Audio connector
- 2 x System panel connectors
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 14 x V-Check points (7x V-Check connectors, 7x V-Check spots)
- 1x GO2BIOS button
- 1 x OC Genie button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x Power button
- 2 x Base Clock control buttons
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x OC switch
- 1 x 2-Digit Debug Code LED
- 1 x Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth module connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF-out port
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN jack
- 1 x 6 in 1 OFC audio jack
- 2 x HDMI® ports with max. resolution up to 4096x2160@24Hz, 24bpp/ 2560x1600@60Hz, 24bpp/1920x1080@60Hz, 36bpp
- 1 x DisplayPort with max. resolution up to 4096x2304@24Hz, 2560x1600@60Hz, 3840x2160@60Hz,1920x1200@60Hz
This platform supports dual-display and triple-display function
(Extend the desktop to the second and thired monitor)
(Monitors have the same screen)
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 30.5cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.