Dare to be different
Looking for that creative, one-off build? Black & White design makes a system look classic, sophisticated and full of class. Famous case modders around the world cheer for our design choices.
Other vendors are also releasing black & white designed products, perfect to create a full black & white system.
Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely fast loading of applications and games with selected MSI motherboards. We offer the next generation of high speed storage support through M.2 and SATA Express. M.2 and SATA Express transfer data through a PCI Express 2.0 x2 interface up to 10 Gb/s, making it 67% faster than SATA 3.0 solutions.
M.2 is the successor to mSATA, offering a 67% performance increase up to 10 Gb/s. M.2 is packed in a small form factor and is compatible with 3 different sizes to fit most storage solutions.
SATA Express introduces a new solution in high speed storage through PCI-Express, providing more bandwidth for the latest generation SSDs up to 10 Gb/s.
MSI motherboards feature one or more PCI Express 3.0 slots, perfectly aligned and with enough space for an optimal airflow when using multiple graphics cards. That way, you will never have to worry about an overheating PC, while you are enjoying the best graphics jumping off from your monitor when running Nvidia® SLI™ or AMD CrossFire™ gaming setup
With specially designed circuit protection, the MSI motherboard protects the CPU against overheating and USB devices from short circuiting.
Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. The Super Ferrite Choke and Solid CAP will make sure that your PC runs more stable under extreme gaming conditions.
Super Ferrite Chokes use a Ferrite core that is Super-Permeable. This allows the Super Ferrite Chokes to run at a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature, have a 30% higher current capacity, a 20% improvement in power efficiency and better overclocking power stability.
With their aluminum core design and Japanese made quality, Solid CAPs are made for high-end design motherboard. Not only do Solid CAPs could provide lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR), but also work firmly for over-10-year.
The MSI Smart Utilities application helps to easily setup, configure and boost your systems’ performance and more through 3 Intel® key technologies:
*This feature only works on platform/model that supports Intel® Smart Response technology.
Enjoy awesome 4K UHD video playback with MSI 9 series motherboards. MSI motherboards that are equipped with HDMI port(s) support the latest 4K UHD (2160p ultra-high definition) resolution to provide an unprecedented breathtaking visual experience.
With the one-second overclocking option OC Genie we're giving you even more performance. Just hit the button and your PC gets another adrenalin shot straight away. Give your system an awesome performance boost with ease.
The MSI Click BIOS 4 is the latest UEFI BIOS with optimizations for Windows 8.1 / Windows 10. Not only that it also reacts faster, runs smoother and has better mouse support. And this all comes with many cool features. Click on the button on the right to visit our dedicated BIOS page and learn more.
MSI's Command Center software is a very powerful tool to push your motherboard to the max. With a very intuitive touch ready interface, Command Center allows users to tune settings to increase system stability, maximize overclocking performance and adjust cooling features.
MSI Live Update is renewed! Our popular software automatically downloads and installs the latest drivers, BIOS and software. Rest assured while your system is always configured using the latest software so you get the maximum performance and stability.
MSI Command Center integrates an unlimited RAMdisk. With a RAMdisk you can create a virtual drive from your system memory enabling speeds 20x faster than a modern SSD.
No more seamless waiting for your O/S to be loaded! MSI Fast Boot helps to make your system boot lightning fast. MSI Fast Boot also features a GO2BIOS button. Simply click it to restart your PC and go straight to the system BIOS.
Enjoy the awesome HD video playback now! MSI motherboards that equip with HDMI port(s) supports the latest and the most innovative signal outputs to provide an unprecedented visual experience.
• Supports 4th and 5th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, and Intel® Pentium® and Celeron® Processors for Socket LGA1150
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® Z97 Express Chipset
• Support four DDR3 DIMMs 1066/1333/1600/1866*/2000*/2133*/2200*/2400*/2600*/2666*/2800*/3000*/3100*/3200*/(*OC) MHz, up to 32GB Max.
- Supports Dual-Channel mode
- Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
• 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots(PCI_E2 & PCI_E5)
- Supports x16/ x0 or x8/ x8 mode
• 3 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• 2 x PCI slots
• 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz/ 2560x1600@60 Hz
• 1 x VGA port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60Hz
• 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60Hz
• Supports 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
• Supports 2-Way AMD® CrossFire™ Technology*
* Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8/ 8.1
Intel® Z97 Express Chipset
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports (2 x ports reserved for SATA Express port)*
- SATA1~6 support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10
• Intel® Z97 Express Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB 3.0 connector)
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB 2.0 connectors)
• Realtek® ALC892 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
• 1 x Realtek® 8111G Gigabit LAN controller
Internal I/O Connectors
Back Panel I/O Ports
This platform supports dual-display and triple-display function
(Extend the desktop to the second
and third monitor)
(Monitors have the same screen)
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The motherboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your motherboard specifications.
• 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes