Update BIOS can improve hardware compatibility and sometimes provide new features for your desktop. However, MSI do not recommend to upgrade BIOS if system works stable. Because the upgrade failed might cause system won’t start again.
- USB Flash （The Format must be FAT32/NTFS） and BIOS ROM file
- Format the USB flash to FAT32/NTFS
(Warning)： Format the USB flash will wipe out all personal data. Please backup your own file before starting the process.
1. Insert the USB flash and right click on the USB flash. Then, select “Format”.
2. Select File system to [FAT32/NTFS] and click [Start].
Making BIOS tool disk
1. Go MSI official website to search and download the BIOS file relating to your motherboard (e.g. [Trident X Plus 9th]) .Select the search icon and input [Trident X Plus], press [Enter] key to search.
Note: The model can be seen in the [Product] column in BIOS. Intel 9-generation processor will add [9th] to the back of the model
e.g. If CPU is Intel Core i5-9400, it is Intel 9th CPU and the market name called [Trident X Plus 9th].
2. Find [Trident X Plus 9th] and choose [Download].
3. Find the BIOS file and click the right red arrow to start downloading.
4. Right click the downloaded file and choose [Extract All].
5. Choose [Extract].
6. Copy the folder to the root directory of USB flash.
e.g. Copy EB926IMS.B30 to USB flash
1. Power on the device and press [Delete] key to enter BIOS settings. Then, choose [M-FLASH].
2. Select [Yes] to launch the flash mode.
3. Select the USB flash drive which we made and click on the BIOS file folder.
e.g. Select EB926IMS.B30 in here.
4. Enter the BIOS folder and choose [EB926IMS.B30].
5. Choose [Yes].
6. Do not turn off the power and do not unplug the USB flash during updating BIOS.
7. After finish the process, the computer will restart again. In this moment, please tap [Delete] to enter BIOS settings menu and check the new BIOS version.