MSI monitor is designed to have two types of USB connectors on the back of the monitor. There are USB Type-C and USB Type-B Upstream Port. How to use them? Please refer to the instructions below.
We use MSI Optix MAG321CURV for example:
USB Type-B Upstream Port (enables the USB ports on the monitor)
- USB Type B: The upstream port is used to connect the 3.5 inch portable drive, printer or monitor to the computer.
- The upstream port is also designed for updating the firmware (Repair) and launching the Gaming OSD.
Gaming OSD is a software designed for the monitor. User could adjust the settings by using the mouse.
If USB device is not detected, please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot:
1. Locate MSI Official Website」，Click on the search bar →Type in the model name → Enter
2. Select "Support"
3. Select "Drivers"→Select your operating system→Select "Win10 64"
4. Under "Others Drivers" →Select "Download"
5. After install the driver, check if the issue remains.
This connection interface only support Display（DP Alt）mode and up to 5V/3A（15W）power supply. It only support video output, not for data transfer.
It is a standard cable connection interface for connecting USB portable drive and other device.
If connected USB drive cannot be detected, please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot.
1. Use the other USB port.
2. connect the device that is not working correctly to one of the USB ports on the back of the computer (the ports attached directly to the motherboard).
3. Use other USB device on the same port.e
4. Format the USB device and try again.