First, use a networked device to test whether or not the wireless router is working properly. If the secondary device is also unable to connect to the router, it is recommended to check the router both for good physical connections (Ethernet, power) and appropriate settings.
If the wireless router has been confirmed to be working properly, please check to see if the wireless indicator LED is illuminated. In the event that the LED is not illuminated, it means that the device’s Wi-Fi function is not enabled. In this case, follow the “How to enable the wireless device” checklist before proceeding. If the LED indicator is on, it means that the Wi-Fi feature is currently functional. Follow “Driver installation” to proceed.
How to: Enabling wireless functionality
Check to see whether or not the wireless indicator LED is illuminated.
In the event that the indicator LED is not illuminated, please hold Fn Key and F10 Key to turn on air mode.
If the indicator is not lit on, please check Windows Control center to enable Wifi function
Alternatively, the device’s Wi-Fi may be powered by using the “SCM” application. (If the wireless indicator appears grey on SCM, it means that the device is not powered on. Please click on this icon to power the device on.)
How to: Driver installation
In the event that the LED light is illuminated, it means that the device is powered on. In this case, the wireless device driver in the “Device manager” menu must be checked for functionality. In the event that the device driver is not installed, download the newest version of the driver from MSI's offical website and install it. Please confirm that the model name and the Wireless device model are the same before downloading.
Unit model confirmation: A label showing information about the computer should be visible on the lower right-hand corner of the laptop. The depicted laptop shows the model code: GS63VR 7RF.
Wireless device confirmation: A label showing information pertaining to the wireless device is visible on the bottom cover of the computer.
The following text outlines the process of downloading and installing device drivers.
1. After entering MSI's offical website, please type the device’s model code into the search bar located in top right corner.
2. Click on “Download”
3. Choose the version of Windows which is installed on your laptop.
4. Click on the arrow to start the download process.
5. After the file has been downloaded and the files extracted, a “Setup.exe” file should be visible in the folder showing the extracted files. Double-click the executable file to start, and then click on “Next” until the installation is complete.
6. Once the installation has been completed, the computer should be restarted for all changes to take effect.